“Finance” in Amazon is resemble to 経営企画室・経営戦略本部 in Japanese companies, owning a wide variety of planning and analysis. This role acts as a Finance Partner to support the healthy growth and financial operation. He/she delivers this through detailed financial modeling, and identifying/implementing key business indicators. Additional responsibilities include delivering cost and process improvements, performing reviews of forecast vs. actual variances, and communicating with managements and peers business issues and demanding actions.
While exact weight depends on each assignment, general responsibilities of Retail/3P/FP&A Finance in Amazon includes the followings;
- Lead both multi-year business planning and annual forecasts with detailed financial for business segments and initiatives. Identify opportunity for sales and profit from multiple dimensions. Audit business teams’ assumptions and plans.
- Lead forecast updates to keep managements up to date. Conduct timely reviews with explanation to forecast changes and variance vs. actual, communicate business issues and demand actions to management and business partners.
- There are variety of analysis on demand; pricing, product sourcing strategy, new category or store launches, new business models, co-promotion opportunities and other merchandising strategy.
- For new business and business models, simulate benefit and costs to Amazon, the business partners and our consumers. Support business teams for organization and financial process designs to deliver the idea, obtain the budget and make it happen.
- Conduct overall cost analysis including Retail operating components, Supply Chain and logistics, as well as General and Administration costs.
- Partner with other finance teams and multi-functions and develop all weekly and monthly financial close activities, all planning forecasting, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both operations and other business partners.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- The position reports to Finance Manager, while working with respective business teams and finance members.