Partner Development Manager (Japan, Accenture), AWS
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage our partnerships with the leading global systems integrators. Do you have the business savvy and industry expertise necessary to position Amazon as the technology platform of the future? As a business development manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of Amazon’s infrastructure web services (Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, and Amazon SQS) across AWS’s most strategic business partners and their customers. Your responsibilities will include driving executive and field relationships with leading professional services firms. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these accounts, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall end customer adoption across all market segments. The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to easily interact with customers and sales/field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with AWS Territory sales managers to define and execute joint sales and go to market programs.
- Manage and drive joint sales engagements between partners and AWS territory sales teams.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the joint solution set and supporting collateral.
- Engage the partner’s field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Position AWS for internal use by the partner organization.
- Work closely with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.