Amazon Japan Infrastructure Operations Security is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Systems Engineer to join our team. The role is responsible for the design and installation of physical security systems including Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems.
You will also be responsible for the continuous review of existing standards and to stay abreast of new technology developments that will enhance the physical security footing of Amazon’s data centers and collocations. You will work directly with the Cluster Security Manager (CSM), the Operations Team and internal customers to translate their requirements into physical security system design and implementation. Your work will include supporting the construction and deployment of physical security packages for all Amazon data centers and collocations in your assigned region. You will also manage contractors and vendors to ensure that all security standards are met during the construction phase of the facilities.
The ideal candidate for the role will be willing and able to work in all disciplines, at all levels; from system design and layout, construction and implementation and oversee system maintenance and upgrades over the life of the project. You will have an in depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized and know how to deliver results on time and on budget.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Design of a physical security systems for new data centers and data center expansions.
· Preparation of physical security system design documentation and bills of material for the purposes of bidding by approved vendors including review and quality assurance of vendor bids. Conduct vendor negotiations to achieve cost reduction, schedule improvement, and other assigned objectives.
· Submission of complete and accurate vendor bid packages to the Infrastructure Build Project Managers for funding approval.
· Project management of physical security system hardware installation including access control devices, intrusion detection devices, and other components of datacenter physical security systems.
· Project management of security system installation vendors and contractors.
· Representative for physical security system acceptance, sign-off, and operational readiness validation in conjunction with the Infrastructure Operations Management and AWS Security.
· Complication, Indexing and archiving of project close-out documentation.
· Reporting performance metrics such as physical security system installation vendor service delivery performance, actual spend vs. budget variance, cost reduction goal attainment, post installation defect rates, etc.