At Amazon, we aim to become Earth’s most Customer-Centric Company and we continue to innovate the way we engage with our customers via various marketing programs. Two critical missions of Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1) to drive and innovate online marketing programs to make Amazon the ultimate shopping and entertainment destination for customers in Japan (and potential customers in outbound nations) and 2) to provide the best-in-class customer experience with highly personalized engagement programs.
Senior SEO Marketing Manager plays a critical role in realizing both missions by managing day to day Search Engine Optimization operations. The areas of responsibility include the most strategic online marketing programs that generate traffic and sales across Amazon’s websites; more specifically, the programs include all of Search Engine Optimization initiatives in major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Baidu. While optimizing the visibility of Amazon.co.jp retail website, the customer search journey in and outside the boundaries of Amazon’s web properties must also be optimized by leveraging our in-house world leading proprietary technology for SEO including an automated experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes. This position is one of the key leaders of Consumer Marketing Japan. The impact of this role is significant and broad, accounting for especially the growth of future customer generations.
Job responsibilities include the following:
· Lead formulation of a robust search engine optimization strategy in Japan.
· Drive sales from SEO marketing programs under the responsibility, while providing seamless and discovery search journey to Amazon websites at a scale.
· Innovate the way our customers shop online and discover various Amazon services including Prime video and Prime music via search in multi-device, multi-channel touchpoints. Work closely with Consumer Marketing Platform team overseas in designing, planning, and launching new features/programs based on Japan specific requirements.
- Enhance customer experience by improving the customer search journey end-to-end by executing and analyze SEO experiments for continuous improvements.
· Help Amazon meet or exceed goals in sales, profitability, new customers, and sign up volume for various customer benefit programs.
· Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with the product category leadership to achieve shared goals. Maximize opportunities identified through collaboration with product category teams.
· Work with Consumer Marketing finance team to pursue further upside opportunities.
· Work closely with technology teams worldwide, in areas of Consumer Marketing, Mobile, and Website Platform. Make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of Consumer Marketing team’s programs.
· Proactively share and learn worldwide best practices, to mutually help among worldwide marketing teams and achieve goals.