Amazon has developed a number of innovative and fast-growing digital and mobile businesses including Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3 and Cloud Player, Amazon Instant Video, Amazon Mobile shopping, and the Amazon Appstore for Android.
We are looking for a passionate, talented researcher to lead our research projects, and build tools and frameworks that deepen our collective understanding of our customers, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights for the Kindle Device & Accessories business in Japan.
The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Work closely with Product Management, Marketing, and Forecasting teams and the broader BI community. Responsibilities:
- Drive the BI roadmap, prioritizing long-term and short-term initiatives that generate or automate customer insights.
- Work closely with product management to define data gathering and metrics requirements, and lead development of infrastructure and reporting capabilities
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the device sales and marketing roadmap. Projects may include customer segmentation and behavioral modeling.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, product roadmap, and business drivers to inform decision making
- Reporting of key insight trends, using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy story lines
- Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing reporting including weekly and monthly business reviews
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets