The Amazon Digital Music team is looking for a motivated, customer-obsessed, analytical marketer to drive adoption and engagement for Amazon Music (Including Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited).
As an Direct Marketing Manager for our Amazon Music services, you will be expected to define, quantify, and analyze target customer segments and build a comprehensive adoption and engagement marketing plan across outbound marketing channels, including email, Push Messaging, in-product messaging, and more. You will work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Merchandisers, and other Marketers to define and implement a best-in-class customer experience, to create effective marketing communication vehicles, and to use them to drive adoption and engagement for Amazon Music. This role is responsible for getting lots of people to listen, and keep listening, to great music.
The ideal candidate will be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (creating and managing campaigns with merchandising and marketing tools, analyzing customer engagement data, and solving problems).
The Direct Marketing Manager should be passionate about the customer and must have proven analytical capability, project management skills and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be able to automate and scale to drive personalized, contextual, and relevant messages to customers. This role must operate from a company-wide perspective and lead cross-functional and cross-business projects.
· Build detailed, long-term adoption and engagement plans based on targeting key customer segments to drive initial adoption and ongoing engagement with Amazon Music.
· Taking ownership of existing adoption and engagement campaigns at both tactical and strategic levels to drive towards current goals
· Increase awareness of Prime Music among Amazon Prime subscribers by coming up with innovative marketing tactics
· Partner with product and technology teams to build a roadmap and execute projects that lead to customer communication and engagement opportunities
· Develop programs to drive increased engagement from active customers and win back lapsed customers
· Develop best practices in execution and reporting that will scale for continued international expansion and serve as a model for existing international markets
· Write and present high quality documents to senior leadership
· Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and partnerships across Amazon’s business and support teams
Business Management Skills Needed:
· Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven work environment, where multitasking while maintaining quality and attention to detail are the norm
· Analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to use customer research and metrics to back up intuition and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
· High bias for taking end-to-end ownership of responsibilities, flexibility and exceptional communication skills
· Think big and rethink how to better serve our customers
· Manage and prioritize individual and team marketing tasks