Amazon is seeking a Senior Manager, Business Development, to join the Appstore for Android team in Japan.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that manages a growing list of strategic partnerships and business opportunities both in Japan and globally. As the leader of Appstore Japan’s Business Development team, you will be responsible for acquiring best in class mobile game titles and apps, finding new and ground breaking ways for publishers and developers to realize significant growth on the Amazon Appstore platform, and developing altogether new business opportunities for which Appstore is best positioned to fulfill. As the Business Development leader, you will be responsible for generating, managing, and executing some of Appstore Japan’s most complex and high impact strategic activities while having a strong business aptitude to identify best in class partnership opportunities. This includes developing and managing relationships, assisting in the creation of deals that are unconventional in nature, and/or have broader implications to Appstore worldwide, Amazon Japan, and potentially Amazon around the world. You will primarily interact with senior leaders at Amazon in Japan and the US across several of Amazon’s businesses: Amazon Devices, Kindle, Amazon Payments, Amazon Prime, Prime Video, Amazon Video and any other future businesses which Amazon might launch in Japan.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. We dive deep and provide thoughtful business analyses; we are adaptable and action-oriented, focused on quickly gaining enough context to enable informed decision-making.
We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical, and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon Appstore’s growth. The ideal candidate enjoys hiring and developing outstanding people, solving complex problems, working effectively with senior cross-functional teams and thriving in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Proving you are an effective at communication and discussions is a critical part of this job. Appstore is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals who think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses.
· Serve as the leader of the Appstore Business Development team in helping to define and deliver the overall Appstore strategy in Japan and drive Appstore market segment share.
· Lead, manage, coach, and grow a world class business development team.
· Set and execute strategy for engaging with partners, including prioritizing opportunities, negotiating agreements, and managing ongoing relationships.
· Execute plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product, legal, marketing).
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management regarding progress and roadblocks.
· Managing the development of relationships, business opportunities, contract negotiations and implementation of partnerships.
· Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships and work with appropriate leaders and across all functional areas of Amazon to execute on the relationships.
· Coordinating with other Amazon teams to leverage established relationships and present a unified vision to our partners.
· Develop best practices to foster, manage, and track opportunities.
· Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon Japan's business teams.
· Recommend investments in key strategic partnerships. Carry out valuation analysis and investment thesis/themes.