Head of Product Development, Amazon Fresh:
This position leads Amazon Fresh team to develop a superior customer experience in delivering products and services through Fresh platform, reporting to the JP Fresh Country Manager. The size of report line starts with 1 Product Manager, but can expand to 5 or more as the scope of development projects expand. The Leader will be responsible for improving end-to-end delivery experience working closely with all JP and Global stakeholders, and making Fresh the primary online grocery destinations for customers in Japan. S/he will also be responsible to collaborate with Operation team and expand Fresh service from Tokyo area to a broader coverage with financially sustainable plans.
The successful candidate will be experienced well in designing logistics mechanism, data-driven with a proven track record of driving growth in a nascent business, collaborative with peers including Tech and Operation teams. S/he is expected to demonstrate the fine balance of detailed data analysis, strategic thinking, and decisive risk taking. Given the international organization structure at Fresh, logical yet engaging communicate is also important. S/he should be able to also enjoy being a creative contributor and thrive in working in a start-up environment. Key responsibilities
1. Lead designing and implementing our end-to-end Delivery Experience Programs
- Identify / design the ideal delivery experience to sustainably grow the business by understanding customer behaviors and needs.
- Advocate and negotiate for organizational support to actually implement the new delivery experience.
- Lead implementing the new delivery mechanism with deep knowledge of retail operations and collaboration with operation teams.
- Work closely with the Tech team in charge, such as Fulfillment Center, Supply Chain Management, Customer Support, Benchmarking team and so on.
- Act as main JP point of contact while managing 1 subordinate.
2. Lead development of Fresh area coverage expansion plan:
- Develop multiple options of area coverage based on technical feasibility analysis and financial analysis co-working with Operation team, Fulfillment Centers, Finance, and other stakeholders.
- Monitor performance metrics of distribution centers and fulfillment centers to identify improvement opportunities.
3. Collaborate with global teams of Delivery Experience to create long term vision of delivery experience innovations.
- Represent the needs of delivery experience improvement for Japanese customers and market segment characteristics.
- Initiate / take part in the projects to drive planning, testing and launch for global locales beyond Japan. Candidate Profile
- The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically and execute flawlessly. S/he should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytic, be comfortable diving deep into the data, yet ready to decisively define priorities and action plans.
- S/he will have a proven track record of leading their team to deliver results by creating and maintaining value chain and logistics network.
- S/he is expected to demonstrate the ability to integrate customer insights and data with physical and financial requirements for logistics. As the result, s/he creates bold, innovative, yet operational ideas.
- S/he needs to be skillful in communicating in multi-cultural environment, with respect and curiosity to understand each other.