Amazon’s Kindle research team seeks a Sr. Software Development Manager. We are working on pioneering measurement approaches to close the loop and drive efficiency for marketing activities. The team builds quantitative analysis and models to study and optimize the dollar spend on marketing activities.
As the lead software engineer for this group you will be responsible for architecting and delivering the first generation our measurement platform. In addition you will raise the bar on an already well developed set of analytic frameworks that drive decisions across multiple marketing channels. You will be designing analytic applications that capture data from disparate sources, draw econometric inferences from statistical algorithms and drive optimal decision making. You will apply your expertise to build software capable of attributing consumer activity to marketing campaigns. You will partner with the best technology solution providers at Amazon and help to develop a world class analytic software.
You’ll be expected to:
· Design systems that extract and process volumes of disparate data using a variety of econometric and machine learning approaches using libraries in R, SAS, MATLAB. These systems should be designed to scale with exponential growth in data and run continuously.
· Leverage knowledge of advanced software system and algorithm development to build our measurement and optimization engine.
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Understand system inter-dependencies and limitations as well as analytic inter-dependencies to build efficient solutions.