Amazon is growing very fast, which is both exciting and challenging. Our mission is to build an evergreen pipeline of leadership talent that drives Amazon’s growth!
The Leadership Development Manager owns L&D for Amazon Corporate Employees end to end. This role will develop overall strategic roadmap for employees and managers, as well as design & deliver content across various modalities. This includes traditional classroom settings, technology-enabled resources for blended/hybrid learning solutions, as well as partner with external vendors when needed. We experiment, learn, and iterate to accelerate the development of Amazon leaders who embody our culture. Joining our team, you will have opportunities to build on best practices, innovate in the field of talent development, and also help thousands of employees improve their effectiveness and grow their leadership capabilities.
The Leadership Development Manager will collaborate with learning and development professionals globally to design or tailor programs to meet local specifications. You will have a hands-on role managing program details, improving processes and engaging business stakeholders. To ensure high quality and impact of learning, you will often seek customer feedback, analyze success metrics data and engage in continuous improvement efforts to exceed customer’s expectations.
The position reports to Talent Development Leader within Corporate Human Resources at Amazon Japan and will work closely with HR Business Partners, global L&D colleagues and business managers to execute on impactful initiatives supporting talent management, leader development, and onboarding.
The position reports to the head of Corporate Human Resources group at Amazon Japan and will work closely with HR colleagues and managers to ensure continued alignment of people with programs that support talent management, employee development and onboarding.
- Develop innovative L&D strategies. Diagnose and prioritize learning needs that are aligned with business objectives
- Facilitate leader development programs in classroom, webinar, or practice-clinic settings; apply principles of adult learning in your delivery.
- Utilize instructional design expertise to create learning solutions in a variety of modalities that are measurably effective and engaging, applying adult learning and accelerated learning techniques, and follow-up reinforcement activities.
- Act as a program owner for designated programs; take responsibility for updating changes, act as master trainer, support bringing new trainers up to speed.
- Build a positive, collaborative partnerships among subject matter experts, team members, and stakeholders.
- Keep local and global projects on track, communicating effectively to ensure engagement and adoption by HR and business leaders
- Draw upon a variety of techniques to challenge and engage learners, transfer knowledge, and provide an efficient and fun learning environment to ensure learning outcomes are achieved.
- Limited travel (up to 15%) for classroom delivery and supporting regional and global initiatives.