Amazon is looking for an experienced leader to support Amazon's relationships with publishers in the digital arena. This individual will be leading one of the key team contributing to the customer experience by working with our publishing partners to increase the quantity and quality of digital titles available to customers. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing the Vendor Management team which mission is to add selection from new and existing publishing relationships, and maximizing the vendor margin.
- Manage relationships and negotiate contracts with publishing partners at C-level
- Evangelize and roll-out new programs; influence and give inputs to the Product Management team from publisher point of view
- Collaborates with legal to review contractual terms and conditions related to new and ongoing content licensing agreements
- Build internal and external metric reports that drive new selection and hold accountable to them.
- Coordinate with accounts payable and vendor payments to ensure agreement terms are executed accurately.
- Work with internal and external partners to resolve merchandising and content receipt issues.
- Play a significant role in career development of team and others, drives execution of vision and goals for the team.
- Influence the whole publishing industry to drive the shift to digitization by presenting the positive effect and sharing success stories through various industry bodies