Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Systems ("TRMS") is to make Amazon.com the safest place to shop online. The TRMS team safeguards the order pipelines, monitoring, tracking, and managing risk to ensure long-term buyer satisfaction. Within TRMS, the Operations division achieves this through a combination of automated and manual investigations of the buyers and sellers on our marketplace.
This Operations Manager role owns the productivity, quality, and capacity of the transaction risk investigation teams based in Sapporo, Japan, reporting to the TRMS Sapporo Site Lead. The manager also influences our worldwide operation by driving global initiatives to achieve tactical and strategic goals. This is a critical role to ensure that Amazon is able to detect and prevent fraudulent and high-risk transactions, while also protecting the customer experience for legitimate customers.
Keys to success in this role include exceptional operational, managerial, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Candidates need to be able to understand the global vision and make independent decisions with sound judgment. Position Responsibilities
· Manage 2-3 front line managers & overall team of 25-50 investigators.
· Manage processes to ensure effective workflow in a 24/7 environment.
· Implement best-in-class processes and practices for maintaining and exceeding productivity and quality service level agreements.
· Actively manage and continuously improve workflow management to ensure effective use of resources and adherence to service level agreements.
· Provide focused feedback loops for investigators and teams based on performance and quality data. Develop and reward strong performers.
· Partner with Business and Engineering teams to define roadmap for implementation of new Fraud Preventing and Risk management functionalities and prioritize feature needs for investigation tool sets.
Hire and develop top talents. Develop their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.