Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering two ways to instantly stream and watch videos. In the US, customers can rent or buy more than 200,000 new release movies, next-day television shows, and classic favorites, or with an Amazon Prime membership, customers can have unlimited access to more than 40,000 titles for no additional charge.
We are looking for customer obsessed, data driven entrepreneurs to join our growing team. Solve some of the hardest problems for our customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and build a service which customers love, Amazon Video might just be the place for you.
Amazon.in is seeking an experienced, dynamic content development executive to join the creative team at Amazon Japan and develop TV series (Japan original TV shows). The candidate should have development and production experience in fiction shows, a track record of success in creating content based on customer insights and customer target groups, developing series/movies, deep relationships with the Japanese talent, writers and the wider creative community and a passion for innovation. The ideal candidate knows the drama genre, has development and production experience and wants to work with writers and artists to develop original series.
The role will have responsibility for understanding the target audience based on research, building a pipeline of concepts, pilots and shows by working with talent, writers, artists and the creative community. The individual in this role will have created shows or movies in Japan, must have deep relationships with top studios/production houses, talent, writers and artists. The role will also work with the Amazon studios team in LA and leverage their learnings/expertise.
Help create the future of Japanese digital entertainment with Amazon. The role’s responsibilities include:
- Find, identify, evaluate and develop stories, concepts, pilots and shows aligned with a customer target group.
- Assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches; work with writers and artists to develop series ideas; staff, cast and produce pilots in a cost-efficient way
- Supervise and own the delivery of the series once in production; and provide guidance.
- Work with the content insights team to understand customers and the target group. Focus on understanding customer needs, pain points, behaviors and preferences.
- Work with merchandising/marketing teams to promote to customers and PR.
- Build and manage relationships talent and the wider creative community.