Reports to APAC Operation Director directly. He/she will be responsible for strategic and tactical issues in Data Centre Engineering Operations and facility management including ensuring and sustaining availability, cost management, risk assessment and mitigation, review corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure and metric reporting.
The ideal candidate for the role will be a proven seasoned manager with intensive experience in managing teams of high performers in data centre engineering and facility. He/she will be a hands on leader dealing with power, cooling systems and data centres facility related matters. Having ability to develop great relationships with internal teams and external vendors is essential. He/she should also have a passion for technology along with a desire to always insist on the highest standard for the job. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic and tactical solutions to Regional Operation Leaders and DCEO Managers to improve availability and cost management
- Participates in strategic planning projects.
- Conducts financial analysis and contributes to financial decisions.
- Oversees the build out of facility-specific infrastructure in existing locations, assists in the design and build out of new facilities
- Participates in recruiting efforts. Continually raising the bar.
- Being active in the training and/or development of others.
- Executes vision and goals for the team.
- Conducts project management for multiple sites in multiple regions.
- Uses business knowledge to set priorities and develop project plans.
- Has a deep understanding of best practices in their area of expertise and ensures their application.
- Work with Regional Managers and other business leaders to manage projects, optimize performance, reliability and efficiency of the data center infrastructure facilities.
- Experienced and has vast knowledge in switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.